Transfer Station is overseen by the Dept. Of Public Works
Telephone: (401) 680–2503
Permits, coupons or vehicle stickers are required and may be obtained at Town Clerks Office in person or through the mail with appropriate fees and supportive documents supplied. If utilizing the mailing option, please mail to Town Clerk's Office, PO Box 226, Little Compton, RI 02837. For further questions relating to transfer station fee requirements please call the Town Clerk's office at 401-635-4400.
Resident Transfer Station sticker issuance require the following to be presented:
- Proof of Residency, can be tax bill or lease
- Vehicle Registration, current
- $5 each, annually, calendar year
- Construction debris coupons - $75 for GVW of 10,000 lbs or under; $150 for GVW over 10,000 lbs; registration to the vehicle must be present for review
- Mattress or box spring - free unless they are not recyclable due to severe soiling - see Town Clerk for further details if soiled excessively
- Appliance coupon - $25.00 (anything that normally contains refrigerant) air conditioner, dehumidifier, freezer, regrigerator
- Short-term rental Non-resident daily coupons for use of transfer station: $2.00 each, allows one entry into the Transfer Station. These are used for short term rentals and may be purchased in the Office of the Town Clerk. Copy of lease to prove rental will be required.
Year Round Transfer Station Time of Operation:
Tuesday 8 am to 4 pm
Thursday 8 am to 4 pm
Friday 8 am to 4 pm
Saturday 8 am to 4 pm
NOTE: If the dump is closed due to a holiday it will be open extended hours the following day; except when the following day is a Sunday. Example: Monday closed due to a holiday = Tuesday open 8 am to 6 pm.
Recycling is mandatory in the State of Rhode Island.
RI Resource Recovery Corporation list of recyclable materials.
The Transfer Station is set up to accept in varied collection containers the following recyclable materials:
Vegtable Oil (cooking)
Waste Oil (vehicle, clean free of contaminants)
Paper (all kinds) Little Compton compacts our paper to reduce cost for shipping
Single stream (glass, plastic, aluminum, tins)
Clothing Big Brothers/Sisters or Goodwill RI containers
E-Waste - Regional drop off center for Newport County
Paints - see list of acceptable paints
White Goods - washers or dryers