BUILDING OFFICIAL: William L. Moore
Building Inspector and Zoning Official: Peter A. Medeiros
Mechanical and Plumbing Inspector: Edward Bucher
Electrical Inspector: David Venancio
Office Telephone: (401) 635–8384
Fax: (401) 635–2470
Office Hours for Building Inspector: are anticipated to be generally from 7 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Thursday
Contractors needing to speak with the Building Inspector or to schedule an inspection should leave a message on the office phone. Phone messages are retrieved remotely on a regular basis.
As of February 21, 2018 all permit applications will be taken in electronic format only.
Town of Little Compton, R.I.
Office of the Building Inspector
REQUIRED BUILDING INSPECTIONS
The following inspections are to be performed by the Building Inspector for your project. Please call 401 – 635 - 8384 to schedule Building Inspections. Twenty four hour notice is required for scheduling, please have job address and permit number available. Inspections are typically done Monday through Thursday.Bottom Inspection BEFORE installation of stone
Footings and Pier holes BEFORE CONCRETE IS PLACED
Wall Forms BEFORE CONCRETE IS PLACED
Damp proofing BEORE BACKFILL
Trench (electrical/plumbing) inspection & under floor inspection BEFORE COVERING
Basement slab (vapor retarder) BEFORE CONCRETE IS PLACED
Structural / Framing BEFORE ELECTRICAL / MECHANICAL BEGINS
Insulation AFTER ELECTRICAL / PLUMBING INSPECTION, BEFORE WALL COVERING
Chimney Construction (When at smoke chamber)
Final Mechanical, Electrical, and Fire Department inspections
Certificate of Occupancy, as per section 23-27.3-120.1 of the 2019 Rhode Island Building Code, at completion of project, including, but not limited to, all inspections mentioned above, as well as, Final Grading and Soil and Erosion Plan compliance (if applicable), a D.E.M Certificate of Conformance for septic systems, and completion of all C.R.M.C. requirements (if applicable).
SCHEDULE I BUILDING PERMIT FEES
NEW DWELLING AND ADDTIONS OVER 600 SQUARE FEET
THE FOLLOWING SUBMITTALS MUST BE UPLOADED TO PERMIT APPLICATION
• WELL WATER ANALYSIS
• OWTS PRMIT FROM RIDEM
• STORM WATER MITIGATION PLAN
• COMPLETE SET OF SITE PLANS
(INCLUDING SETBACKS, LOT COVERAGE, WETLAND, AND FLOOD ZONE INFORMATION), AND STRUCTURAL PLANS
• APPROVAL FROM ANY OTHER APPICABLE STATE AGENCIES
• APPROVAL FROM ANY NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATIONS (IF APPLICABLE)
REQUIRED SUBMITTALS FOR A CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY
• Certificate of Occupancy, as per section 23-27.3-120.1 of the 2019 Rhode Island Building Code, at completion of project, including, but not limited to, all completed inspections, as well as, Final Grading and Soil and Erosion Plan compliance (if applicable), a D.E.M Certificate of Conformance for septic systems, and completion of all C.R.M.C. requirements (if applicable).
• WELL WATER ANALYSIS (TAKEN FROM AN UNFILTERED FAUCET)
• A BLOWER DOOR TEST
• INSULATION CERTIFICATE