- The town of Little Compton does not have a leash law however; there is a similar ordinance referred to as “Animals at Large”. Use this hyperlink to reference the Town Code. If you believe there is a violation please report it to us.
- All domesticated animals within the confines of the town need to be registered. This can be done at the Town Hall in the clerk’s office. Part of the application is showing proof of current rabies vaccination for your animal, so be sure to bring it with you.
- If you see a stray animal; whether it be a dog cat or wild animal, don’t attempt to capture it. Contact headquarters and one of our officers will respond to deal with the situation.
- If your pet is missing or believe it has been brought to the local animal shelter, contact Headquarters. We will take your report and or give you instructions for getting your pet released.
- If you notice any wounds on your pet after it has been outside, please report this to us. Due to the potential of rabies, a report will be made and we will instruct you on additional steps to take.