COVID-19 Unemployment Series
- Searching & Applying for Jobs Guide - https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/searching-applying-for-jobs-guide/
- How to Land a Job - https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/landing-a-job/
- Workforce Development Opportunities - https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/workforce-development/
Dept. of Business Regulations - https://dbr.ri.gov/
Dept. of Labor and Training - http://www.dlt.ri.gov/ui/
RI Housing - rent relief options click here
RI Housing - First-time Homebuyers
Mental Health Resources:
Need help refinancing student loans? Education Loan Financing may be able to assist. click here
East Bay Community Action Program
* Services Brochure
* 2020 Highlights Report
Senior Living Help
Mobility Aids and much more - a variety of assistance tools for seniors or those in need of assistance with mobility
SeniorsMobility provides the best information to seniors on how they can stay active, fit, and healthy. They provide resources such as exercises for seniors, where to get mobility aids, assistive technology funding, product reviews, tips, articles and more!
follow this link for SeniorsMobility.org
follow this link for Mobility Aids
LC Assistance Association
Looking for help?
The Little Compton Assistance Association provides confidential emergency financial grants to assist with basic needs of residents in Little Compton and Tiverton, RI.
* Utilities, fuel, rent, and medications are the most common forms of assistance although each situation is considered separately. Typically grants range from $50 up to $500.
* The LCAA is a 501(c)(3) tax deductible, charitable organization supported by contributions from generous private donors.
* the Board of Directors consists of clergy and members of the community. They review the anonymous disbursements, work to raise awareness of the critical needs of our neighbors and solicit the financial contributions necessary to support the grants.
* The LCAA works in tandem with Susan Sisson, Little Compton's Director of Social Services. Request for assistance should be made to her or through Carol Wordell, Little Compton Town Clerk (635-4400), Little Compton Police Officer Suzanne Cressman (635-2311) or Mary Elizabeth Miller, Little Compton School Counselor/Social Worker (592-0363).
Information taken from a town-wide mailer offering information about the Association to the public.
Should you wish to make a contribution, checks should be made out to the Little Compton Assistance Association and mailed to PO Box 253, Little Compton, RI 02837
Senior Moving Guide: Storage and Housing Assistance
The Senior Van is available for rides to and from:
- Senior lunches at the Community Center on
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Shopping at Market Basket, Walmart and CVS on Thursdays
- Shopping at Lees Market and Westport Apothecary on Tuesday
- Wellness Center on Tuesdays and Fridays
To reserve your seat on the bus, have a question or a request
please call 401-777-9700
Make reservations by 4:00 PM on Friday of the preceding week.
If you wish to volunteer as a bus driver,
please contact the Town Administrator at 635-8373
Health and Wellness
Programs for Seniors
LC Food Bank
LITTLE COMPTON FOOD BANK website
Most Needed Items
Pasta sauce (jar)
Canned soups (progresso, healthy choice)
Canned meat (chicken, spam)
Condiments (ketchup, mayo, mustard)
Baking items (flour, sugar, oil, mixes)
Tissues (kleenex), toilet paper, paper towels
Household cleaning supplies
Please check that items are unopened and no more than 6 months past
the expiration date before donating.
Food donations can be left in the bin outside of the Food Bank distribution
center or dropped off during distribution hours (Fridays and Saturdays 9 -
10:30 am) at the Wellness Center 115 East Main Road, Little Compton
All other donations can be mailed to the LC Food Bank, PO Box 590, LC,
Thank you for your support!
Find us on Facebook @LCFoodBank
Options for Affordable Insurance offered through this link
Substance abuse resources...
The Little Compton Prevention Coalition website
other links for resources
2019 Regional Mental Health and Substance Abuse Resource Guide
Rhode Island Drug Rehab Services
Addictions.com rehab services Rhode Island link
Addictiontreatmentdivision.org Rhode Island facilities link
help finding addiction treatment facilities that provide drug and alcohol detox, support and services Detox.com
help finding local Narcotics Anonymous meetings/resources Narcotics.com
help at any stage of recovery journey Rehabs.org
help for most complete list of free or low cost services FreeRehabCenters.org
Information about addiction treatment practitioners and facilities AlcoholicsAnonymous.com
Or a national organization can offer guidance as well through Help.org
Financial Recovery After Addiction
Preexisting Mental Health Conditions: Insurance Coverage & Finding Treatment
DUI Prevention Guide
URI - College of the Environment and Life Sciences
URI - Food systems and Agriculture Program
URI - Cooperative Extension - events
URI - FREE SEED PROGRAM 2023
Need help with odd jobs? Try SURV!
Surv (formerly known as Rent Sons)
do you need help with odd jobs, landscaping, painting, moving, general household tasks?
follow this link to learn more about SURV!