SOUTH SHORE BEACH PROTOCOL FOR 2020 UPDATED 7-2-2020MESSAGE FROM THE LITTLE COMPTON BEACH COMMISSION
South Shore Beach
South Shore Beach will be operating under the following guidelines till September 7th:
- Opening: 5am the gate on South Shore Road will be opened. Residents and beach sticker holders only from 5am to 8am.
- Ticket shack opening: 8am till 4pm. Residents and non-residents will be admitted. Non-residents will pay the daily rate. Resident and season stickers will be available from 9am to 3pm. No campers will be allowed. Cars will be limited to 150. The first 125 will be residents and non-residents. The last 25 will be residents only. Anyone entering the beach will be informed that they must be off the beach by 11pm, when the gate will be locked.
- Fire Permits: 10 fire permits will be available for town residents only. Permits may be purchased at the gate for $5.00 after 9am. All fires must have a permit.
- Youth & Adult Programs: Youth and adult programs (Surf, Gnome Surf, Jr. Lifeguard, Yoga, etc) will be starting in July.
- Ticket shack closing: 4pm beach employees will turn over admission responsibilities to a 2-man security detail and will enforce the 150-car limit. The security detail will only allow residents and beach sticker holders after 4pm. The security detail will inform all vehicles entering the beach that they must be off the beach by 11pm, when the gate will be locked. The security detail will enforce beach rules (permitted fires only, no campers, etc.).
- Inclement weather: South Shore Beach is not normally manned during inclement weather. In that event the gate will be left open. Staff will return at 11pm, when the gate will be locked.
- After the summer season: There are no plans currently, to change the access plan for South Shore Beach after September 7th from what has been done in past years.
This operational outline will be followed until the Governor releases the state of emergency in Rhode Island