SOUTH SHORE BEACH PROTOCOL FOR 2020MESSAGE FROM THE LITTLE COMPTON BEACH COMMISSION
South Shore Beach proposed operation and COVID-19 protocols for Summer 2020
Please be aware the beach will be closed during inclement weather
1. Open Hours: As of 5/18/2020 it is intended to open weekends and Memorial Day until June 20th and full time from June 20 to Sept. 7. Hours of operaton will be 8 am to 6 pm (subject to state guiidance
2. Closed Hours: A permanent gate will be located at the entrance to the beach. This gate will be closed at 6 pm each evening, all vehicles must be off the beach by 6 pm. A Police Officer will be on hand when manpower allows.
3. Admittance to the Beach: Per Governor Raimondo's Executive Order 20-14 adn 20-23 only Rhode Island residents will be allowed on the beach. Out of state, Little Compton residents who have been issued a beach sticker will be allowed. A sign will be posted at the gate entrance.
4. Parking lot capacity: In order to comply with social distancing the beach parking lot capacity will be reduced by 50%.
5. Staffing: In the event beaches in Rhode Island do not open on time, Little Compton will still staff South Shore Beach with a skeleton crew to inform partons and enforce state regulations. RI Dept. of Environmental Management guidelines will be followed with regard to when and how to open the beach.
6. Youth Activities are cancelled until further notice. This includes Junior Lifeguard program, Surf Camp and Adaptive Surf Camp and lessons.
7. There will be No camping nor campfires allowed for the 2020 season.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through the days and weeks ahead.